George William Erving - People - Department History
George William Erving (1769–1850)
State of Residence: Massachusetts
- Chargé d’Affaires ad interim (Spain)
Began Service: October 1805
Ended Service: February 1810
- Minister Plenipotentiary (Spain)
Appointed: August 10, 1814
Presentation of Credentials: August 24, 1816
Termination of Mission: Left post on May 15, 1819
- Commissioned during a recess of the Senate. Nomination confirmed by the Senate on October 3, 1814; commission following confirmation not of record.
- Chargé d’Affaires (Turkey)
- Not commissioned, although his nomination was confirmed by the Senate.